Saturday, September 6, 2008

new additions

Well, with all of the birthdays this month (3 out of 4 children), they had been asking for hamsters. So, our dear friend Sarah decided she was going to get them hamsters. Scott and I decided to go get them each cages so we were ready for these little guys to move in. Unexpectedly, when speaking with the store manager, she educated us on these little rodents, explaining that the RAT is the best pet. Who do you think fell for this? Milla... So, 20 minutes later, we have a small black rat being held until the next day for her. Do you think she changed her mind? No, we ate, slept, breathed the thought of this rat for the next 24 hours. Belle, as you can imagine, stuck with her original plan to get her "Chinese Robo Hamster." Boy, he is cute. I still can not figure out how I feel about having a rat living in my home-I think of rats as vicious, garbage eating creatures. Sure enough, the next day we came home with Blackberry (the rat) and Crystal (the hamster). They are actually VERY friendly and are great with kids! Oh, and I failed to mention I had to let P Dog get something-a hermit crab in a skull shell. He just basically sits in his shell and is not very entertaining.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...