Sunday, December 23, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness

On our final shopping trip two days ago, we visited the Dollar Store for gift boxes. Ahead of us in line was a young mom and her two little girls. As she went to pay, she realized that the ten dollar bill that she thought was in her wallet was gone. She then tried her credit card and that was declined. Embarrassed, she said "I'll just put a few things back." It was then that the man behind her handed money to the cashier to pay for her things. She initially protested, but he insisted. She was ever so gracious as she pleaded for his address to pay him back. But he quickly said "Merry Christmas" and disappeared out the door. That man was my husband. And that's what Christmas is about. That's what I love about him. That's what I love about my children as they learn from these acts. It reminds me of my father, when I was young and still today. I hope that woman and her two sweet little girls have very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...