Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Preston

I am going back to August since I need to focus on each child for their birthdays. It feels bittersweet that Preston is SIX and he's now a first grader. I remember the night he was born and how Scott had to drive through the night just to make it in time for the birth. He made it within only about an hour. Preston was 4 weeks early and the first born boy. Never did I anticipate he would be the oldest of THREE boys. How lucky are we? Sometimes I forget that Preston gets lost in the shuffle. Being a middle child, he does not often get one on one attention that the others do. I feel sad about that. He tends to act out and be overly sensitive and it has come to our attention most recently that he needs individual mom and dad time. I joined a "Mother's In Christ" group (which is really for another blog post) and we had a child therapist speak to us the other day. He was one of nine children who went to a Catholic school and he stressed that each child is so very different and what works with one will NOT work with the other. Of course there are many other women there who have more children than we do and it was interesting to gain other perspectives on the birth order, discipline, etc.

Getting back to Preston. The things I love most about him:

1. His bright blue eyes that force you to melt even when he might be in a bit of trouble.
2. His sensitive nature toward others (not necessarily his siblings :))
3. The way he still likes me to hold him even though he is a big 6 year old
4. The way he looks so adorable in his soccer and hockey gear.
5. The smile he gets on his face when I pull up in car line and he sees me.
6. The reaction he has when his daddy is out of town calls him on the phone







I thank God every day for you, P Dog! Cannot wait until our date night to your fav restuarant!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...