Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day of School

I have made it through the first week of school, officially. It was not without obstacles, but I (or WE) did it. School officially started Tuesday but for us it really began Thursday. Here's why: *Ollie complained of a headache all night Monday. He seemed eager to get to school Tuesday morning despite the fact that his head supposedly still hurt. He no more than walked into Mrs. Summers' room and threw up. So we went home. *Amelia had her first day at Holy Angels and I got a call (just after getting Ollie home and settled) from Mrs. DeVol saying that Amelia had been crying for 2 hrs. She wanted to talk to me. I lovingly told Amelia that she was ok and I loved her. I would be there to get her before lunch since it was a half day. *Isabelle enjoyed her first day of homeschool even though I am apparently not un tune with where she is at acedemically. So, as she stared at me as if wondering how I actually had a teaching degree trying not to insult her mother. Needless to say, we did placement tests today. *Preston had fun. He is a good little reader at a mere FIVE and we are off to a great start! Their little minds are so innocent and like sponges. You can mold them so easily at this point. So far so good, so I thought. Ollie ate a huge breakfast and played for hours. But have been nauseous due to headache. Kids came home and wanted to play. Then it hit: three out of five collapsed on the couch together with raging fevers. Within minutes, they dropped. Crazy. Headaches and fever. They slept for hours, waking for dinner, a little Disney channel, and back to bed. All stayed home on Wednesday just to be safe. And Thursday it was off to school again. Gotta love it. Our day went from that to this:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...