Thursday, September 2, 2010

Elijah is 1!!!

I think the last post pretty much sums up my thoughts on Eli. We had the never ending birthday celebration for him. The older boys decided that they want to go to a MSU football game instead of having a birthday party. Yes, I was happy about this. It has been a nice break from the chaos of a party: invites, favors, party entertainment, kids all over the house, clean up, etc. Scott and I still wanted Eli's first birthday to be memorable so we did the cake tradition (Ann the cake lady)and the typical first birthday party. We did limit it to family, God parents and Eli's friend. :) You will see a pic below of he and Johnny. He was blessed with an adorable Pottery Barn Kids red lounger (a first birthday tradition from Mimi and Papu), a wooden rocking chair (a tradition from Nona and Gigi and great grandpa Walton), one gold dollar (Grandma and Grandpa J always give the kids gold dollars for each year they are old), money in his college fund and other very generous gifts. He got a ride on airplane from us and we could not get him off it! I am glad it was a hit. So Eli loved the attention AND his cake. I am going to blog the kids Favorite Things so we can remember what they are and how they change from year to year. I am trying to think of ELi's favorite food and there really isn't one. THERE ARE MANY. There is not one food I can think of that he will not eat. Take a look below at him demolishing the cake. We had to take it away from him. He had blue frosting up his nose. I also have to mention that our favorite cake lady replicated one of Elijah's bed shams for his cake. I usually coordinate first birthday themes with what the nursery theme is. She did an amazing job! But we did not expect anything less! Thanks, ANN!

1 comment:

michele gamble said...

Priceless Heather I just found your blog and Love it!!! I also love love love your family picture!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...