Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ollie is 3!!!

Well the next in line for August birthdays is Oliver, otherwise known as O Town. Ollie is the child you cannot get mad at because he is so darn cute. We are so thankful for him. His sense of humor at such a young age, his love for his Mama, his cute little body, his facial expressions when he says something that might be borderline unacceptable but the face makes it so you can't be mad, the quickness about him, and more. I cannot believe he is 3. I can remember the day he was born. He was not going to wait for anyone: not even the doctor. :) Maybe this will be a turning point in the days when I feel like I cannot go one more minute without losing my mind. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE this kid. But, I am human and there are days when I do something and he un does it ten times worse. Over and over again. Or he is on the counters pouring his own drink as it is not making it into the cup but onto the freshly cleaned wood floor instead. I am the type of mom who lets the kids learn to be self sufficient and independent even if it is mess producing. However, I have often reconsidered this philosophy MANY times this last year! There are times that I say aloud "Please, God, help me maintain my composure." The girls just look at me. Hey, whatever works! The bottom line: WE LOVE YOU OLIVER!!!! Oliver with Aunt Sarah and Amelia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...