Monday, May 2, 2011

Snow Day





Living in Northern Michigan can be very unpredictable as far as weather is concerned. At the end of April, I had taken all ropes off bushes and the tulips were beginning to bloom. Excitement filled me with the thought of opening the windows and going for walks WITHOUT bundling us all up. WRONG!!!! We actually had a SNOW DAY right before EASTER!!!!! Boy the kids were ever happy, but I, on the other hand, was not so keen on this idea. So, I decided to make the most of it and found some fun things to do with the children. I made a pancake breakfast, we made Peep wreaths for Great Grandmas Hooper and Walton for Easter and the girls made some darn cute signs for our house. I think I've opened up a whole new "bag of worms" so to speak: the girls learned how to use the hot glue gun. Yikes. But, they did a GREAT job! I think the good pics are on my phone but you can see the peep wreaths in the one photo just slightly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...