Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent. 40 Bags, 40 Days.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. Scott went to mass with Isabelle and I went with Preston and Amelia. We talked as a family about what we will "give up" during this time. That will be on a later post. Preston is still "thinking." :)

My big project during this time is 40 bags, 40 days. I am going to go through our house and purge. Everything. I am starting in one room and on to the next. I am making a chart and checking it off as I go. Am I going to throw away the kids most cherished toys? No. But those stuffed animals that have not been touched in 2 years or the baby clothes in Eli's closet that are piled up: gone. There are other kids and people who need this stuff and I need to get my act in gear to do it. The kids are all for it. There are already 3 garbage bags full at the back door: 37 more to go! It will be so nice to start Spring on a CLEAN note!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...