Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Girl

I am still in shock that our oldest child is EIGHT!!!! As she reminds me, she is now a "Tween." Yikes. I am amazed at how far she has come this year at her new school (Montessori) and how maturely she thinks about the world around her. WHen we began planning her party, she came up with the idea that instead of her friends bringing gifts to her party , she would have a donation box for Haiti. She put a note in each invitation that she wanted donations for Haiti instead of a gift. I was in tears when she did this!! We are so proud that she has this attitude and empathy toward others. Much of this I think is the Montessori philosophy that has been instilled which is based on respect, courtesy, helping the environment, among MANY other things. Her friends from figure skating, Old Mission and Montessori all came and enjoyed paiting pottery, manicures and pedicures and a dance party lead by Scott! I am sure you can all imagine that!! The night before her actual birthday, Grandma and Grandpa J came up and surprised her when she woke up the next day. Grandma walked into the laundry room and the look on Belle's face was priceless, total shock for about 20 seconds and then the biggest smile and excitement ever! I wish I had a video camera on her. :( They went to lunch with her that day and watched her skate that night. Her birthday dinner was Saturday night at Golden Chopsticks. She chose to go because she loves to eat Sushi at the Sushi bar. You can see in the pic below!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...